EASY PURÉE FOODS FOR ADULTS
If you have any concerns about you or
a loved one changing to a puréed diet,
have a read of our handy tips.
Softer Foods for Swallowing Difficulties
Wake up and kick-start your day with a wholesome and delicious breakfast. There are several breakfast options available for when living on a dysphagia diet.
- Puréed Eggs are a great option for a source of protein – scrambled or poach both work well.
- Tick off one of your five a day, with mashed banana
- This can all be accompanied with a glass of orange juice or a warm cup of coffee or tea. All liquids should be thickened to the right consistency advised to you by your healthcare professional.
- Smoothies are also a good way to include vegetables and fruit into your diet. Ensure all ingredients are skinned and seedless and made to the right consistency for you.
Alternatively, you can view our range of easy to prepare breakfast items at Wiltshire Farm Foods, including an all-day breakfast and porridge.
A midday meal really sets us up for the afternoon.
When it comes to dinner time, there’s an array of dishes to choose from. Many recipes can be transformed into a purée version for you to enjoy. Here are a few purée recipe ideas:
- A flavoursome broth, stew or casserole, filled with vegetables or meat which are blended to become puréed.
- Or go Italian by eating a puréed version of macaroni cheese or pasta in seasoned tomato sauce. Be aware of skins and seeds in the sauce.
- A puréed Sunday lunch favourite of chicken (or beef or pork, if you prefer) in gravy with a side of vegetables and mashed potato.
Being on a textured modified diet does not mean missing out on those sweet treats. From mousses to cakes, there is something for everyone. Here are a few ideas:
- Mousses – these are easy to make, light on the stomach and can be made in a range of flavours – strawberry, chocolate, lemon – you decide!
- Cakes – perfect as an after-dinner dessert or afternoon treat. You can make puréed cakes at home; however we also offer a delicious selection for you to enjoy without the making and baking.
We have a range of hot or cold desserts to satisfy that sweet tooth. We have cakes, pies, sponges and more.
What Should a Purée Be Like to Eat?
- Have a smooth texture throughout with no lumps
- No biting or chewing is required
- Can hold shape on plate and spoon/fork